Villanueva del Arzobispo is a little city in the province of Jaen, Andalusia. Villanueva is set deep in the natural park of the region of Las Villas, along the valley of the River Guadalquivir.
Noted for its historical and artistic several buildings and places of great importance in wildlife interest:
Parroquia de San Andrés; built in the XVI century on the ruins of a Moorish temple.
Santuario de la Virgen de la Fuensanta: the patron saint of Las Cuatro Villas (Iznatoraf, Villanueva del Arzobispo, Villacarrillo and Sorihuela the Guadalimar).
Iglesia de la Vera Cruz: here we find a Christ of Mariano Benlliure.
Convento de Santa Ana: baroque building with a Renaissance cloister XVI century.
Bullring, 1928 neo-Moorish construction.
Calvary chapels, founded by John of the Cross in 1576.
Evangelical Church Eben-Ezer, founded by English missionaries in the early twentieth century.
The Parque Natural de Cazorla, Segura y Las Villas, the largest protected area in Spain, and is declared.
Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO and a special protection area for birds. The scenic beauty and biological richness join the great cultural heritage of the area, making the Park is one of the most visited areas of Spain.